Effective as of: 03/29/2016
At Mission Hill Family Estate, we respect our customers' privacy. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Who collects personal information?
Personal information on this Site is collected by Mission Hill Family Estate Group Inc. and certain of its affiliated companies (collectively, "Mission Hill Family Estate") or contract service providers.
What personal information is collected?
As a visitor to the Service, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. In connection with other activities, such as subscribing to any services offered on the Service, Mission Hill Family Estate may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, Mission Hill Family Estate may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address, employer, telephone and fax numbers, images, and other personal information.
If you make purchases using the Service, you will provide us with certain financial information, including your debit or credit card number and related billing information. We require such financial information in order to process payment for the purchase of a product or service that you have requested. By submitting your financial information, you consent to our providing it to those service providers we use as necessary to support and process your transactions as well as your credit card issuer/banking institution for their purposes.
When you use the Service, Mission Hill Family Estate or third parties authorized by Mission Hill Family Estate may also automatically collect certain technical and routing information about your computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other device (a "Device") to facilitate your use of the Service. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your Device, your Device identifier (a Device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Service, and our computers identify your Device by its Device identifier), the URL that referred you to our Service, the areas within our Service that you visit and your activities there; page response times, and download errors.. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Service. Mission Hill Family Estate also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Service.
You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage, and processing of your information may be undertaken by trusted vendors of Mission Hill Family Estate. Such vendors are bound by contract not to use your personal information for their own purposes or provide it to any third parties.
When you visit the Service, you can browse the Service and access important information without revealing your identity. In order to improve our Service, we use "cookies" to track your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your Device when it is used to visit the Service by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card, and enables Mission Hill Family Estate to record your passwords, purchases, and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. (For some Web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.)
How is your personal information used?
Mission Hill Family Estate collects your information in order to enable you to participate in a variety of the Service's features, to process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive, for any specific purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information, and to support your participation in the activities you select. As an example, if you enter a contest, information is collected to qualify the entry and contact you regarding the contest or prize awards. Your personal information may also be used to keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of Mission Hill Family Estate and selected third parties, subject to applicable laws governing the sending of commercial electronic messages. We may also use your personal information as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
Mission Hill Family Estate may use information that we automatically collect (as described above) to improve our Service, to customize your experience on our Service, to administer our Service, and for internal operations, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes.
Mission Hill Family Estate may collect information about the use of the Service, such as the types of services used and how many users we receive daily. This information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually. We may use and share with our affiliates, advertisers and business partners this aggregate, non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, or similar promotional purposes.
How is your personal information disclosed?
There are a variety of other circumstances where Mission Hill Family Estate may disclose your personal information. Here are some examples:
- We may disclose your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected;
- We may disclose your personal information when the services we are providing to you require us to give information to third parties;
- We may disclose your personal information if we engage a third party service provider to provide services to us (like computer back-up services or archival file storage), under appropriate terms and conditions;
- We may disclose your personal information to a person who, in our judgement, is seeking the information as your agent;
- We may share your personal information among Mission Hill Family Estate' business units and affiliates to help us serve our customers better and to provide them with services, particularly where customers are from different jurisdictions or areas;
- We may disclose your personal information to a company or individual employed by Mission Hill Family Estate to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing, provided that any such disclosure of your personal information outside of Mission Hill Family Estate will be made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may disclose your personal information to our program partners, or to third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or programs, subject to applicable laws governing the sending of commercial electronic messages. Any such disclosure will be made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- Mission Hill Family Estate may provide your personal information if necessary, in our judgment, to comply with laws, regulations, or lawful requests of a governmental or regulatory body or in response to a subpoena, warrant, or order, or to protect the rights of Mission Hill Family Estate or others;
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, merge, seek financing or investment, or engage in any similar transactions, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective other parties to the transaction, subject to applicable law;
- We may also use your personal information as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
An App may use location-based technologies so that we may verify your location, in order to help us use your location to better serve you, to identify outlets near you, to make you localized offers, and to deliver you relevant content based on your location. Some of our wineries, retailers and others we work with may install transmitters or other devices in physical locations which emit a signal that the App can detect to pinpoint your location or otherwise interact with the App ("iBeacons"). Because iBeacons are more precise, we can improve the Service and send you more specific and relevant messages and offers. In addition, we may use location-based technologies to know when you arrive at or leave a particular location, such as a winery, outlet or other site.
You should consider the pros and cons involved in disclosing your location information to us and to other people. All of the App's features and functionality, and its related data collection, can be terminated by uninstalling the App, and you can use the App's or Device's settings to set and change some settings and preferences for location information sharing and functions.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, Mission Hill Family Estate:
- will strive to protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will strive to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies; and
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you, subject to applicable law;
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw consent, we nonetheless reserve the right to retain, collect, use, and disclose personal information without your consent where we are permitted by law to do so;
- You have the right to access and correct your personal
information and privacy preferences at any time by writing Mission
Hill Family Estate at:
500 - 887 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, BC V5T 4T5
Attn: Website Administrator
Please provide your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us. No specific form is required to notify us of changes to your address or privacy preferences, however we may have to contact you if any of your instructions are unclear. We reserve the right to deny access where it is not required or is prohibited by applicable law. If we deny your request to access to, or refuse a request to correct your personal information, we will explain why.
Our Service is intended only for individuals who are of legal drinking age. We do not use the Service to knowingly ask for, track, or collect personal information about individuals who are under the legal drinking age. If you are under the legal drinking age, you should not visit or use our Service.